Skip to main content

10th APNG camp my love, my precious

Since I have to write the report so I decided to put on my blog also


This 10 years anniversary of APNG camp was held in Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Pathumthani, Thailand during August 11-15 2008.


Day 1: 11 August 2008

I arrived at AIT in very early morning feeling excited about APNG camp. I admitted I didn’t know about this before my teacher told me and I decided to apply. At register table I got the name tag with bright orange color different from my friends, I’m sure there is a meaning so I looking for other people with same name tag color and do a lot of smile for them
Most of presentations today are from the sponsor however they are interesting and informative. The messages from Vint G. Cerf and Prof. Kilnam Chon are very amazing for me, I’ve heard about them but this time I feel they really talk to me because I’m part of APNG.
In the afternoon dedicated for local camp report and team building. Local camp is very great idea I hope there will be one in Thailand. In team building activities we’ve been asked to do the wood block which I’m not really good and we (our orange team) did it without reading rules so we end up almost noting about wood block but I still had a great time knowing new friends. We’ve asked to do 10 cranes origami each and Presentation about Thailand (Our team got topic about Thai education also).

Day 2: 12 August 2008

I’m impressed by speech about “IPv6 in Japan” from Mr. Takanori Mashiko since we are about to change from Ipv4 to IPv6 in Thailand. Student’s projects from both Thailand and Japan are so awesome, this is potential of next IT generation.
In the afternoon we had work group meeting. I joined the Live-E! and Dumbo workgroup. Thank you very much for everyone in workgroup especially Mr. Hideya Ochiai for my exploration about Live-E and Dumbo.I know you want a lot of answers for your question but all I have is more question.
In the evening we enjoyed our dinner at Suanthip Restaurant which is very beautiful restaurant next to the river (what a pity! It’s already dark when we arrived so we cannot see the view clearly).The food was great especially ice-cream and the show was fantastic.

Day 3: 13 August 2008

Prof. Suguru Yamaguchi’s presentation was terrific and the topic is what Thai people concerned now since the computer crime law has just announced last. Today I have chance to watch fellow presentation mostly about the technology in their country which is great opportunities to exchange the knowledge and opinion but I admitted sometimes I can’t catch up maybe because my bad English skill.
After Lunch we’ve site visited in different 3 places. I chose UniNet/ThaiREN about 40 minutes from AIT. I’m sorry but I not feel impressed that much because the presentation is as same as the one Mr.Panjai showed us in first day I looking for more specific information about servers and everything but they didn’t tell me that much.
Dinner at Bussaracum Restaurant was amazing again even if we have to deal with very bad traffic but still having lots of fun.

Day 4: 14 August 2008

This is the workshop day, we are divided in 20 teams (I’m not sure the number). Every workshop is very good must Thanks workshop preparation team but I think it will be better if the document will be more accurate. We have spent a lot of time for workshop maybe next time if we already installed program needed that will save a lot of time. Dumbo workshop is what I like most, very fun and creative workshop.
In the evening was the costume night. Everyone in their own traditional costume are so amazing. This night I have taken lots of photos and lots of laugh and smile too. What a lovely night!

Day 5: 15 August 2008

This is the last day of camp. Every team’s presentation was interesting and fun. All team succeed in team building activities. Introduction to 11th APNG Camp in Malaysia is so interesting I hope I can be there next year. I have tons of fun sightseeing in Ayuthaya. It’s like having trip with friends we took many photos and talking a lot.
Dinner and Farewell Party is the time of happiness and sadness also, everyone enjoy Thai food, doing singing and dancing at the same time we know this is the last night of APNG camp. We’ve exchange our email and I hope we will keep contact to each other.

I feel very lucky to be part of this camp. I can say this camp is my teacher, I learned a lot of new things here beside the technology and academic things I’ve learn about working as team, how to do the presentation also at the same time this camp is like my family, everyone is so nice and kind I feel very closed to you guys even if this is the first time we’ve met. This 10th APNG camp is my great experience and inspiration in so many ways. Thank you very much (especially Mr. Tommy and P’Kung).

PS: Photos will be posted later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

เอกซอนโมบิล / Exxonmobil

วันนี้มีเรื่องอยากจะเล่าอีกแล้ว ท้าวความนิดหน่อย ที่ภาคได้รับจดหมายจากบริษัท เอกซอนโมบิล เชิญนิสิตเข้าร่วม student forum/career night 2008 ก็เหมือนไปฟังเรื่องราวเกี่ยวกับบริษัทเค้านั่นล่ะ แล้วก็มีโอกาสได้ส่งใบสมัครงาน และที่สำคัญไม่น้อยไปกว่ากันคือเค้าเลี้ยงอาหารเย็นด้วยจ้า วันที่นัดหมาย: ศุกร์ 29 สิงหาคม 2551 สถานที่: โรงแรมอิมพีเรียลควีนปาร์ก สุขุมวิท 22 เวลา: สี่โมงเย็น ถึง สองทุ่มครึ่ง พาหนะเดินทาง: แทกซี่ สหายร่วมเดินทาง: อีก 7 คนในภาคจ้า แน่นอนว่าไปถึงสาย ประมาณสิบนาที พอรับได้แต่ก็ผิดวิสัยปกติเราอยู่ดี "ไปตรงเวลาคือไปสาย จริงๆแล้วเราต้องไปก่อนเวลานัดซิ" เดินไปเข้าห้องน้ำหญิง มีนิสิตอีกหลายคน แถมถามกันเรื่องเกรดอีก 3.7 โอ้วแม่เจ้า ไม่ใช่วิศวฯใช่มั้ย หรือว่ามหาลัยอื่นเค้าเกรดไฮโซกันอย่างนี้อยู่แล้ว แต่คิดไปเองว่าลักษณะน่าจะเป้นคณะอื่นมากกว่า ไปถึงโต๊ะลงทะเบียนอยู่ที่ชั้นสอง มีรายชื่อให้เซ็น ส่งเอกสาร และได้รับป้ายชื่อ มองไปข้างๆมีทั้งหมดประมาณ 10 มหาลัยได้ เช่น CU ABAC SIIT KMILT... เหลือบเห็นว่า CU นี่รายชื่อยาวกว่าเราหลายเท่าที่เดียวล่ะ ก็ไม่ได้ติดใจหรอกยังไงโดยรวมเค้...

วัน(และคืน)ทำงาน/workday(and night)

ช่วงวัน(และคืน)ทำงาน สัปดาห์นี้มรสุมเข้าหรือยังไง งานดาหน้ากันเข้ามาอย่างไม่หยุดยั้ง ขนาดว่าตัวเราเนี่ยไม่ค่อยจะหมักงานเท่าไหร่นะนี่ ขอลิสเอาไว้ดูต่างหน้าน่าจะดีแฮะ ว่าสัปดาห์นี้ต้องทำอะไรกันบ้าง -วันจันทร์ สอบ ccna 2 chapters, เรียน network config -วันอังคาร principle of marketing ไม่ได้เรียนมา 4 ครั้งแล้ว ต้องส่ง mind mapping, presentation ด้วย -วันพุธ ต้องสอบ data warehousing 30 คะแนนกันเลยทีเดียว และต้องส่งความคืบหน้าของ project จบแล้ว วัญญาว่าจะออกแบบหน้าเวปคร่าวๆ แต่แต่แต่ ยังไม่ได้เริ่มทำเลย -วันพฤหัส ต้องส่งรายงาน lab network config กับเรียน personality for career -วันศุกร์ ต้องส่งรายงาน seminar เดี่ยวและกลุ่ม รวม 2 ฉบับ และต้องสอบ proposal อีกด้วย เอาไงดีล่ะนี่ ให้ 5 วันนี้เป็นวันทำงานคงไม่พอต้องเบียดเบียนเวลา(กลาง)คืนมาด้วย ถึงจะเพียงพอที่จะรับมือกับกองทัพงานอันแข็งแกร่ง ถ้าผ่านสัปดาห์นี้ไปได้ด้วยดีเชื่อว่าตัวเองจะแข็งแกร่งขึ้นเช่นกัน -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Workday(and night) is coming.What happ...

เที่ยวเกาะคิวชู/Let's go to Kyushu

เที่ยวเกาะคิวชู (Kyushu) เป็นเกาะที่ใหญ่เป็นอันดับสามรองจากฮอนชูและฮอกไกโดค่ะ อยู่ทางใต้นะคะเพราะฉะนั้นอากาศร้อนกว่าบริเวณอื่น แต่ปลูกผักผลไม้ได้ดีค่ะ คราวนี้ได้แวะเที่ยวเมืองหลักๆได้แก่ เบบปุ(Beppu) นางาซากิ(Nagasaki) คุมาโมโต้(Kumamoto) ฟุกุโอกะ(Fukuoka) -ระยะเวลา 5 วันเที่ยว+2วันเดินทางค่ะ -ผู้ร่วมเดินทาง พี่ปาล์ม, คุณแม่, ป้าดำ + 10 คนในกรุปทัวร์นะคะ -ไกด์ ชื่อพี่ก้องค่ะ ครั้งนี้เป็นการเที่ยวครั้งที่ 4 สำหรับประเทศญี่ปุ่นค่ะ (ที่เคยไปคือโตเกียว เกียวโต โอซาก้า เฮียวโกะ โกเบ +เกาะฮอคไกโด) สำหรับประเทศที่เคยไปมาแล้ว ซีกเอเชีย ได้แก่ จีน 2 ครั้ง->ปักกิ่ง เชียงไฮ้, เกาหลี 2 ครั้ง->โซล++ แหะลืม, ฮ่องกง 3-4 ครั้ง โอเชีเนีย ได้แก่ ออสเตรเลีย 2 ครั้ง, นิวซีแลนด์ ยุโรป ได้แก่ ฝรั่งเศส 2 ครั้ง, อิตาลี, สวิสเซอร์แลนด์, อังกฤษ, สกอตแลนด์ อเมริกา ได้แก่ อเมริกา->pittsburgh(ไป work&travel), New york, LA หมดแล้วค่ะ หลังจากทริปคิวชูนี้ขอพักอีกนานๆเบย เพราะเริ่มเที่ยวไม่สนุก เหมือนว่าเบื่อมากนั่นเอง วันที่ 1 : หลังจากลงจากเครื่องบินด้วยสภาพอ่อนเพลีย หิวนิดหน่อยเพราะอาหารบนเครื่องอย่าง...